Learn anything, anywhere
Last updated: 03.06.2022
This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice“) is prepared by Kahoot! ASA (“Kahoot!“, “we“, “our” or “us“) in connection with your use of Storm. Storm is a service developed and owned by us. Through Storm we offer short online lessons that may cover theory or practice (the “Service“). The Service may for example consist of different math lessons and exercises. By providing teachers and students, or other private persons (“Users“) with the Service, we aim to create learning and joy in different school subjects , such as mathematics.
As a general rule, we do not collect any personal data from or about our Users, unless you have provided us with it. To the extent that you have provided us with personal data, this Privacy Notice shall ensure that you receive the information we are required to provide to you, and which is necessary for you to exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR“) and the Norwegian data protection legislation (together “data protection legislation“).
2. Contact Information
To the extent that you have provided us with personal data, we process your personal data as a controller. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including how we process personal data, or would like to submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us at:
Org nr: 997 770 234
3. What is Personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a “data subject“). Your name, phone number, address, and e-mail address are examples of information that generally is regarded as personal data.
4.Ppersons concerned and categories of personal data
As a general rule, the Service does not require any sign-up and we do not collect any personal data about you in connection with your use of the Service. If you have contacted us in connection with marketing, support, or other commercial activities, we may process personal data about you in connection with such communication. To the extent that we process personal data, we do not sell or otherwise share the personal data with any third parties outside of the Kahoot! Group.
If you chose to visit our website, we may process the following information:
- Information about the length of your session online and browser or device information that is collected through your device, such as Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version of the services you are using.
5. Our purposes and legal basis for processing personal data
To the extent that we process personal data as set out in section 4 above, we do it in order to respond to your inquiries and for statistical purposes. Furthermore, our processing is based on our obligation to respond to your inquiries as well as our legitimate interest in processing information for statistical purposes. We consider that our interest in processing the information for statistical purposes exceeds the consideration of your privacy.
6. Security, Retention, and deletion
To the extent that we collect any personal data, we are responsible for implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security for the processing. Furthermore, as a general rule, we will delete or anonymize personal data when they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
7. Your Rights
You have the following rights when we process personal data about you:
- Access. You may contact us if you want to obtain confirmation with respect to whether or not we are processing your personal data, as well as access to and further information regarding our processing of your personal data. You may also request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you.
- Correcting personal data (rectification). You may request us to rectify and/or complete inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Erasure (the right to be forgotten). You may request us to erase your personal data. We will respect and comply with your request unless we among other things are prohibited from deleting your personal data under mandatory retention requirements, or if the personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
- Restriction. You may also request the restriction of our processing of your personal data in accordance with the criteria under data protection legislation. If the processing has been restricted, such personal data will, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another person, or for reasons of important public interest.
- Object. You are entitled to object to certain processing activities. You are furthermore, on grounds relating to your particular situation (for example, a specific need for protection of your identity), entitled to object to the processing of personal data based on legitimate interests, which we will comply with, unless there exist compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your interest, or if our processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Data portability. If we process your personal data based on consent or based on our performance of a contract, and the processing is carried out by automated means, you may request us to transfer the personal data to you or another controller, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
You may contact us at: email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of the above rights. Please note that we may request additional information from you if such information is necessary to confirm your identity.
8. The Norwegian Data Protection Authority and other supervisory authorities
The Norwegian Data Protection Authority has inter alia been established to supervise Norwegian companies’ processing of personal data. You may contact us at any time if you have any questions or complaints regarding our processing of your personal data. You may also file a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority, or a data protection authority in the EU/EEA Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or the place of the alleged data protection infringement.
You can obtain the contact details of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority on the following website: www.datatilsynet.no. You may also find more information on your rights and the data protection legislation on this website.
We may update the Privacy Notice from time to time. An updated version of this Privacy Notice will be published on our website if any revisions to the Privacy Notice are made. This Privacy Notice is effective from the date stated initially.